Sunday, August 24, 2008

Something Something Gold Medal

For those of you who stayed up to watch the US defeat Spain in the gold medal game in the wee hours of Sunday morning, how did that work out for you? Personally, I just woke up and cannot get back to bed because my fantasy football draft is in a few hours and, well, the excitement is getting to me.
Let's talk about this "Redeem Team" for a few moments. If you watched the game (or expanded highlights like me), one thing probably caught your attention over everything else, and that were the players standing up on the bench for most of the second half jumping around with every basket like they were Chaminade getting ready to topple Ralph Sampson and Virginia (I don't believe that reference is too dated). Talk about a team proud to be in Beijing representing the US. Hell, I'm proud to have them represent us.
There have been articles written discussing how this team would do versus the orginal Dream Team, as there are everytime America selects twelve NBA players to take on the world. How would this team fare? It's an in depth analysis that we'll be tackling this week. Stay tuned.

No comments: