Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Barry Zito is Like "Waterworld" With a Curveball


The Barry Zito era in San Francisco has been off to a fast start. 11 victories in 39 starts, it should be no surprise that Zito is finding himself on the way to the bullpen.
Last off season, when Zito was avaliable to the highest bidder, I wanted to see my Cubs throw the bank at him...I would be an unemployed GM if I had a say in it.

Well, the folks over at the San Francisco Chronicle seem to be having fun with the situation by creating a salary calculator so you can be reminded by how much more an 0-6 pitcher with a 7.53 ERA makes than you.

When the news about Zito came out today, I remembered an article I read last week about Zito that was written by Jeff Pearlman (it was written last summer). It's a very good read if you have the time. It mainly deals with Zito's attitude change over the course of his career.

No comments: