Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm Worried That This Story Didn't Surprise Me More Than It Did


This story is a couple of hours old already but I'll post it (practice makes perfect). First off, in the last six months, Roger Clemens has done more to damage his reputation than any athlete I've ever witnessed in my life. Now this story from New York Daily News:

"Roger Clemens carried on a decade-long affair with country star Mindy McCready, a romance that began when McCready was a 15-year-old aspiring singer performing in a karaoke bar and Clemens was a 28-year-old Red Sox ace and married father of two..."

The worst part about this story is I'm not sure there's anything worse Clemens could do realistically. I suppose he could rape dead puppies...but it's not likely. Of course, this story didn't seem likely last week, so I guess all puppy morgues should be on alert.
Apparently McCready had a remotely successful career from 1996-2002. Since 2002, she has done a pretty good job of impersonating a former child star with the drugs, identity theft, DWIs, and such.

No comments: