Wednesday, June 18, 2008

KGspeak

In case you didn't notice, the Boston Celtics won their 17th World Championship last night. If you've read this blog before, you know my opinion on Kevin Garnett. However, I need to slightly change my stance. KG always seemed wound up too tight. He always seemed as if he was on the verge of killing someone if they made a sudden movement. Living in Minnesota for his entire career (until his trade last summer), I was able to witness his intensity first hand.
So KG wins his first championship last night and gets interviewed by Michelle Tafoya moments after the clock reads zero...to say he gave one of the all time great postgame interviews (if not THE best) would be an understatement. I'm serious here. Where do I start? What's the best part? Was it the long silence that ABC had to go to when Garnett strung together some groupe of cuss words. Was it when he looked Michelle Tafoya in the eyes and said, "You look good tonight girl"? My god. My girlfriend, who was dealing with a fever, claimed that Garnett was, "more delirious" than her. Anyhow, I had to post video of the interview. Enjoy it while you can because it's just a matter of time before ABC takes it down.

No comments: