Saturday, May 17, 2008

Canadians Love New Kids On The Block

Happy weekend everyone. Now that we have the small talk out of the way I'll get to the breaking news. For those of you who were around 18 years ago (most--if not all of you, since I can't imagine high school kids reading The Reach) might remember New Kids on the Block. It is pretty much impossible to stress how big they were back then. They were the biggest pop group in the world and number two wasn't even close. Anyhow, they're going back on a North American tour this fall. Apparently they were on the Today Show this past week performing their new single (wow, they're going all out with this one).
Now for the real headspinning part of the story. The tickets for their Toronto show September 21 at the Air Canada Center sold out in four minutes. For those of you who don't know, the Air Canada Center holds between 18,000 and 20,000 depending on the event. This means that 20,000 people in the greater Toronto area have a desire to drop $75 to see NKOTB (see the kind of vibe I'm setting by using the initials?). I suppose I could point out that they are between the ages of 38-39 years old...so, you can imagine all the 35 year old moms who will be looking back on their lives as they wonder how it could've all been different if they could've had a chance to "french" with Joey McIntyre. And while I'm on the topic of New Kids, is it just me or does Danny Wood just look odd? I just can't put my finger on it...he just looks like he's be a huge douche.

No comments: