Monday, May 5, 2008

Kobe's MVP




The story originally broke last week and I figured I'd mention it as the announcement drew closer but Kobe Bryant is expected to be named NBA MVP tomorrow. Now, I don't have a problem with Kobe being named MVP. He's the best player in the NBA, but an argument could've been made for Chris Paul or Lebron James. Still, it's hard to believe that Kobe's never won an MVP award before.

To be honest though, I would love if just one time, the reports that come out a week in advance were wrong. How funny would it be if tomorrow, as the Lakers are preparing their pregame ceremony for Bryant, all of a sudden, Paul, Lebron, or KG get name MVP? On a scale of one to ten? I'd have to go ten. If for no other reason besides it would cause Kobe to singlehandedly destroy the Jazz...and that's always fun.

No comments: