Friday, May 9, 2008

Neighborhood #3 (Lights Out)

Sorry for the lack of updates people. The internet at our offices has been acting up (it might be time to stop stealing wi-fi). But to kick off Friday afternoon, we're going to start things off like we always do, with the "Music Video of the Day".
I decided to tie in today's video with my softball league kicking off tonight. I always thought one of the most underrated aspects of being a pro baseball player is having any song of your choice being played as you walk up to the plate. Think about it, for fifteen seconds, you can make a crowd of 60,000 listen to whatever you want them to. This got me thinking, what song I pick as my at bat song if I played in the big leagues? The song from this music video, "Neighborhood #3 (Lights Out) by Arcade Fire would have to get serious consideration for a few reasons:
1. There's a xylophone in the song. Thus, making me the only big leaguer with a xylophone in their at bat song (I don't get to too many games outside of Minnesota or Wrigley, so I'm just guessing).
2. The opening 10-15 seconds are pretty cool--instantly you know you're listening to something that is different from most of the other crap out there.
3. Arcade Fire? Come on! Give me a better name of a band. I'm challenging you. It's one of the all time great band names.
4. The song is about living in Montreal during the 1998 North American Ice Storms. This works with Major League Baseball since the league sent the Expos to Washington, essentially saying, "lights out" to Montreal.
Enjoy, "Neighborhood #3 (Lights Out) by Arcade Fire...

No comments: