Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Do The Evolution

I caught Lollapalooza 2007 in Chicago. Pearl Jam was closing out Sunday night...ah, a weekend binge of music and unproductivity was almost past me. There must've been 200,000 people in Grant Park watching Pearl Jam (or so my buddy Thompson claims, I've always been bad at guessing the jelly beans in the jar and that's really what trying to guess the attendance was like).
So, Pearl Jam finishes one song and Eddie Vedder begins to start talking about BP and Amoco. He decides to continue bashing BP and Amoco talking about how the people in attendance should boycott the company. It was at this point in time that Thompson and I started singing a song about BP-Amoco in our Eddie Vedder voices. High comedy right? Well, it got a whole lot funnier than that when within moments Vedder WAS singing a song titled "Don't go--BP Amoco" at which point we just about lost our heads from laughing. Nothing against Pearl Jam, but it was like some comedy sketch. You don't believe me? I got the video of "BP-Amoco".


So in keeping with the Pearl Jam theme, I thought it time to make one of their videos "Music Video Of The Day". So here you go, enjoy Pearl Jam's "Do The Evolution".

1 comment: