Wednesday, May 28, 2008

If Only Will Ferrell Movies Were Two Minutes Long

I'll be the first to admit, Will Ferrell movies have pretty much sucked since "Anchorman" ("Stranger Than Fiction" was a movie Will Ferrell happened to be in). "Talladega Nights" started this trend of sports flicks for Ferrell which more or less follow the same formula: Will Ferrell's character has an oversized ego, he wears funny outfits, spits out a catchphrase or two, throw in a scene with a wild animal, roll credits. "Blades Of Glory" was one of the longest 90 minutes of my life because both the movie was awful and because I seem to be the only person who doesn't think Jon Heder is funny.
I learned my lesson after "Blades of Glory"--don't pay $8.50 to see a Will Ferrell movie in theatres. "Semi-Pro" is available today at Blockbuster so I'll see it at some point I'm sure, but the reason for this post is the new trailer for "Step Brothers". "Step Brothers" is the new comedy starring Ferrell and John C. Reilly (does anyone remember Reilly was nominated for an Oscar?!). The one thing Ferrell movies have going for them is the trailers. They always seem to be funnier than the actual movie, which I guess is the point of trailers--to sell you on the movie. But I'm not fooled. The trailer makes me laugh, the movie will make me want to hit someone. So, I'll just show you the trailer--just promise you won't shell out $8.50 for the ticket when the movie opens. Do we have a deal?
By the way, this trailer is NSFW (once again: Not Safe For Work, since I've gotten complaints from people who don't know what that means--it means they say fuck a lot in this trailer, so don't play it while you're at work).

No comments: