Friday, May 16, 2008

Oh My God

I've been lucky enough to catch the Kaiser Chiefs live twice over the last five years. The first was during the Foozer tour in 2005 (that's Weezer and Foo Fighters headlining). The thing about that show was two of my favorites shared a bill but the Kaiser Chiefs stole the show.
Not too long after the Foozer show, I picked up a copy of their album "Employment"--since then, it's become one of my ten or so favorite albums (an album that is essential to anyone who even remotely likes alternative/indie rock). It's one of those rare albums you can listen to start to finish and never be tempted to skip a track. They released another album titled "Angry Mob" about a year and a half ago, great album although not nearly as strong as "Employment".
I then caught them about a year and some change ago at a small venue in Minneapolis called Trocaderos. Again, the band put on an A+ show. Their songs were catchy enough that you didn't need to know anything about them to get compleatly lost in the show.
So it's mainly because of their live cred that they are being featured as a Music Video Of The Day. Their music videos are pretty decent--but nothing that is ground shaking. So the video today, "Oh My God" is one of their best (it's also a staple at their live show--usually the closing song). Lilly Allen did a cover of this song that isn't horrible (there's a video somewhere on You Tube of it), just different if you like her style.
Anyhow, enough chit chat. I give you The Kaiser Chiefs with "Oh My God"...

No comments: