Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Joakim Noah Surprises No One

True story: I was working the second job Sunday night when someone who knew I was a Bulls fan told me that a Chicago Bull was arrested and they found marijuana. My first, last, and only thought was Noah. Actually, if you've seen an interview with Noah, this will probably come as no surprise to you (see video below), in fact, his father Yannick Noah admitted a few years ago that he too smokes the grass.
Apparently, Noah was seen by police in Gainsville (his former college town) drinking out of a plastic cup on the street. They found an amber liquid that was found to be alcoholic. After a search at the police station they found the weed.
Since Noah lead the Florida Gators to back to back National Championships, he is held up on a god like level, so it really makes you wonder if something else happened that isn't being reported. I mean, I went to the University of Minnesota, I've been caught with an open container of alcohol on the streets and even though I was a nobody at the school, I never got arrested--I just had to pour it out. So, perhaps there's more to this story than we're hearing now.

No comments: